Heat Treatment of Gear Steels
Members receive 45% discount – please log in to see members prices.
If you would like to book a place on this course offline click here to download a booking form. Completed forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Philip Clarke will describe the heat treatment of gear steels assuming minimal prior knowledge. After an introduction to the basic metallurgical concepts and key principles, the enhancement of surface properties by carburising and induction hardening will be explained. The properties imparted by, and the consequences and problems of the chosen process with reference to material selection, distortion and growth will be covered with the aid of case histories.
The Seminar will cover:
- Introduction to steel heat treatment – metallurgical principles; hardening & tempering
- Introduction to nitriding, nitro-carburising & other surface treatments
- Laser & Electron Beam Hardening
- Induction & flame hardening
- Problem solving – low/high hardness; case-depth
- Controlling distortion
Tour of Wallwork Heat Treatment
There will be an opportunity for delegates to tour the Wallwork facilities and see most of the processes covered during the presentation at first hand.
Out of stock
There are no ticket available at this time.