Heat Treatment of Gear Steels
Members receive 45% discount – please log in to see members prices.
Philip Clarke will describe the heat treatment of gear steels assuming minimal prior knowledge. After an introduction to the basic metallurgical concepts and key principles, the enhancement of surface properties by carburising and induction hardening will be explained. The properties imparted by, and the consequences and problems of the chosen process with reference to material selection, distortion and growth will be covered with the aid of case histories.
The Seminar will cover:
- Introduction to steel heat treatment – metallurgical principles; hardening & tempering
- Introduction to nitriding, nitro-carburising & other surface treatments
- Laser & Electron Beam Hardening
- Induction & flame hardening
- Problem solving – low/high hardness; case-depth
- Controlling distortion
Tour of Wallwork Heat Treatment
There will be an opportunity for delegates to tour the Wallwork facilities and see most of the processes covered during the presentation at first hand.
10 in stock
This event has passed
5 Has Sold