BGA and corona virus.
The British Gear Association recognises the significance of Corona virus and believe we and our members have a responsibility to help prevent the spread and also mitigate the effects of Covid-19. As ever we are already immensely proud of our individual members efforts to support the Government’s policies to manage the crisis and in particular those that have offered their facilities to assist the NHS “Ventilator Challenge and we are happy to report these efforts on our website.
The following outlines the specific actions that the BGA are taking:
- In line with all Government policies to reduce the spread of the virus and ease pressure on the NHS:
- We have closed our offices
- Postponed all training courses
- Cancelled all face to face meetings
However, to maintain our services
- Our staff are working from home can still be contacted via email@example.com
- We are also reviewing the introduction of webinars and on-line training to maintain our training agenda and will publish details of this on our website https://bga.org.uk
- We will also continue our successful use of virtual meetings that not only help control the spread of the virus but also reduce travelling and the resulting carbon footprint.
- To further support the National Health Service in treating the effect of the virus, we are reproducing the Governments request for assistance in the supply of Ventilators and Ventilator components and encourage any of our members to support this where they can.
- Notice: Readiness to Supply Ventilators and Ventilator Components
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is looking for organisations who can support in the supply of ventilators and ventilator components across the United Kingdom as part of the Government’s response to COVID-19. If you can support in any way, please complete the webform below so they can assess capabilities and capacity to support this. https://ventilator.herokuapp.com/
- With regard to mitigating the effects of Covid-19 on our members we are reproducing below the latest Government information that can help our members during the economic impact the situation is having themselves personally or on their business:
- Government Guidance
- Government Advice – Employers and Employees
- Government Support for People Affected by COVID19
- COVID-19: Support for Businesses
- Support for UK Exporters
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Bank of England
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has opened a Business Support Helpline, on 0300 4563565
For anyone having difficulty paying tax bills there is a Time to Pay scheme run by HMRC and businesses are encouraged to contact them sooner rather than later on 0800 0159559.
One final note. We should all recognise that although resolving this crisis will take significant time the lessons learnt will significantly change the business landscape and everyone should be prepared to change their business model to both survive and learn from the situation. Already policies on travel, remote working, and global sourcing are being reviewed and changes are being made. More than ever businesses need to keep abreast of the situation and we in the BGA will do our best to support our members with this challenge.