BEARINGS & CONDITION MONITORING
This seminar on bearings and condition monitoring is based on two modules included in the BGA course on Wind Turbine Gearbox Technology and reference will be made to some of the problems and solutions encountered in this very demanding application for power transmissions.
The course is suitable for engineers of any discipline and no previous detailed knowledge of bearings or CM is necessary. It is applicable to all those involved in monitoring rotating machinery, suppliers of bearings and other transmission components, service engineers, gearbox refurbishment specialists and specification and purchasing engineers.
The Seminar will cover:
- Types and applications (ISO 15)
- Selection & life calculation
- Wear & failure modes (ISO 15243)
- Comparison and applicability of methods (Vibration; Acoustic Emission; Oil Debris Analysis)
- Remote CM techniques
- Case histories including bearing and gearbox damage in wind turbines and other applications
This course is officially recognised as complying with universally accepted principles of Continual Professional Development (CPD) and have been structured to meet the criteria of personal development plans.
CPD certification means that the content and structure of the courses have been independently assessed and approved for multi-disciplinary and industry-wide continuing personal and professional development purposes.