Free Government Webinar: Exporters – Prepare Your Business For January 2021
We all know there is a lot of uncertainty as to what will happen on 1st January when the transition period ends. We spotted this Free Webinar that we thought may be of interest to BGA Members grappling with the impending changes. Click the button below to register your place.
Date: Thursday, December 17th, 2020 10:30 am
Register: Click here
The UK has left the EU and is leaving the EU single market and customs union. The end of the transition period means businesses should take action now to prepare for changes and new rules from January 2021.
This webinar, delivered by the Department for International Trade, will focus on changes that businesses need to be aware of when trading with EU and non-EU countries, and will include a moderated Q&A.
Join this webinar for an update on:
• The UK’s Global Tariff for imports
• Free Trade Agreements – Continuity Agreements
• Generalised Scheme of Preferences
• Government Procurement Agreement
• Exports of Dual use items from GB to EU and Dual use licences
• Trade Remedies
• Market Access Barriers
• Sources of Transition guidance and support
• DIT services and support
Please note that this webinar is for UK based businesses and primarily aimed at businesses importing and exporting goods.
- In this webinar, you’ll hear from:
• Duncan Adams, Deputy Director, EITA and ESIF Programme Team, UK Regions, Department for International Trade (DIT)
• Graham Zebedee, Director, Continuity Negotiations and Development, Department for International Trade (DIT)
• Benedict Lucken, Trade and Investment Negotiations Directorate, Business Readiness Team Leader, The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
• Simon Dadd, Team Leader, Business Readiness Unit, Border & Protocol Delivery Group (BPDG)
At the end of the session there will be a moderated Q&A session.