Primary Gears Workshop Free Seminar.
A significant remit of the British Gear Association is to ensure the future of the gearing industry in the UK. In accordance with this responsibility the BGA have worked with NUSTEM to develop a workshop to be delivered to children which supports the Primary National Curriculum for science in regards to levers, pulleys and gears. This is a great opportunity for engineers and technicians in your company to build links with their local communities, develop their communication skills and make a positive contribution to children’s engineering knowledge.
Workshop For a class of up to 30 children:
- PowerPoint presentation which includes animations on calculating gear ratio.
- Gear kits for the practical activities.
- Construction guides and ratio worksheets.
- An example of gears as used in the workshop leader’s field of work.
- Take-home postcards to develop the learning at home.
Full details can be found here.
Worried about presenting to children?
THIS IS A 1 DAY FREE “TEACH THE TEACHERS” SEMINAR FOR BGA MEMBERS. BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU WHEN A DATE FOR THE SEMINAR IS SET.
A bespoke training session is available to assist BGA members in acquiring and honing the skills necessary to deliver the workshop successfully. The training includes:
- Introduction and discussion of where gears are in the national curriculum.
- Detailed practice of the session delivery.
- Classroom management techniques to ensure the session runs smoothly.
- The practicalities of getting into schools.
- Unconscious bias and strategies for improving gender diversity in engineering.
- Advice and coaching on performance and delivery style.
- All the printed, construction and presentation materials needed to deliver the workshop to a class of 30.
To reserve your place on this Free Seminar please click the button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org