Date: 6th November 2019
Time: 9:30 – 4:30
Location: Renown Gears. Blackburn.
Cost: Member – £202.50 / Non Member – £375
This seminar is aimed at engineers, technicians and individuals involved in gear specification/procurement who wish to gain a sound overview of the manufacturing methods and process available to the gear designer or manufacturer. The seminar will cover not only the processes available but discuss some of the links between gear design and the production methodology.
This seminar is aimed at engineers and technicians who wish to gain a sound overview of the manufacturing methods and process available for the production of geared components. The seminar will address all of the key methods of production covering casting, forming, moulding and cutting processes.
Most all process commonly used to produce gears will be introduced but the principle focus will be placed on metal gear production produced by either cutting or grinding when looking at the detailed mechanics and production considerations.
The course will also include a short tour round an actual gear manufacturing facility where delegates will be able to see in operation some of the processes discussed throughout the day.
Key Topics Covered within this seminar:
- Summary introduction of the range of gear production methods
- Summary of heat treatment and surface treatment methods
- Overview of process capability, selection and tooling requirements
- Detailed overview of the gear cutting and finishing processes of cylindrical gears
- Engineers and technicians new to the industry requiring a broad overview of gear production technology
- Existing design engineers who would benefit from a better understanding of the detailed manufacturing processes and options available
- Production engineers or procurement personnel wishing to gain a top level overview of manufacturing techniques and methods