New 5-Axis CNC Machining Special Interest Group.
We are proposing to set up a new 5-Axis CNC Machining SIG to address the growing interest BGA members have the use and capability of using general 5-Axis CNC machine tools to make spur and helical gears, bevel gears and splines. It is proposed that the first sessions will be chaired by AMRC, Sheffield and an initial Conference/Skype Call is proposed for 11 Dec 2019 at 10am.
The objective of the teleconference call is to propose what the 5-Axis CNC Machining SIG does and manage its activities. Examples could include:
- Develop and share case studies
- Establish speeds and feeds
- Develop KPIs to define capability
- Quality assessment and process optimisation
- Hardness limits
- Measurement strategy development
- Roughness achieved
- Cutting vs grinding methods
- Root fillet radius and prove no gear/spline performance degradation.
However, it is up to
the SIG members to decide what we do.
Membership of a SIG is free to BGA members.
Please contact the BGA Office 0191 208 6160 / email@example.com before 9 December if you wish to participate in the in the initial discussion to allow time to send you the dial in/Skype details and an agenda.